Tuesday 11 December 2018

Autumn in eight sentences


Yes, I realise it is now winter and I'm only just summarising the previous season, so I will be a brief as I can...

Aside from the engagements I mentioned in my previous post, autumn brought three surprise in terms of my activities as Otley Town Poet. The first was a supporting slot at (the fabulous) Tom Weir's book launch on November 18th - if you haven't read his latest collection, 'Ruin', yet, I strongly recommend you get a copy from Templar press. The second was having two poems accepted by Strix magazine, which is a beautifully produced periodical featuring poetry and prose, and I read at the launch in the Victoria Hotel in Leeds on November 20th - again, I urge everyone to buy copies or subscribe. And the final surprise was being asked to return to Nostell Priory on December 7th for one more Chippendale-themed reading, this time featuring customised Christmas crackers loaded with a poem, a terrible joke and a piece of miniature furniture. Here are some photos from James Nash's launch on October 1st and my reading at the Purple Room in Ben Rhydding on November 22nd - which is a fantastic event and everyone should attend in the New Year!


There will be more readings for me in 2019 as well as a children's workshop in February, but I'll offer an update towards the end of winter... I promise. Until then, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment